“Introduction to Taiko” Workshops – September 2016!
Every year Arashi Daiko offers introductory taiko workshops to the general public. No musical background or experience playing percussion is necessary. You just need to be interested in trying this dynamic art form! These workshops are generally open to people who are 14 years and older. Even though taiko is quite physical and requires stamina, no need to worry about that; the workshops are demanding but we always respect everyone’s abilities and limitations.
When are the 2016 workshops?
- Saturday, September 17th, 9:30am to 12:30pm [FULL]
- Friday, September 23rd, 6:30pm to 9:30pm [FULL]
- Saturday, September 24th, 9:30am to 12:30pm [FULL]
- Friday, September 30th, 6:30pm to 9:30pm [FULL]
**For the workshops marked [FULL], you could still register to be on our waiting list. In case there are any cancellations, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Each workshop is 40$ per person.
All workshops will be held at the Japanese Canadian Cultural Center of Montreal, 8155 Rousselot, Montreal.
How to register for a workshop?
To register for an “Introduction to Taiko” workshop, please fill out the registration form.
Please make sure to include:
- your full name
- your phone number (in case we can’t reach you via email)
- your 1 st and 2nd choice of workshop (specify the date and time for each workshop).
You will receive an email confirming if there is a space available for you and, if there is, the payment procedure will be specified in the email. Please note that your place will only be reserved once we receive your payment.